Sunday, December 27, 2020

AL/NL MVP Project (1962-2020)

With 2020 coming to a close, I have started to make hobby plans for 2021. I have been making plans, setting goals, reaching out to more people, and making changes to how I collect. I think it’s going to be a great year and one of the projects that I’m about to take on is going to help make it a great year. However, I can’t do it without the help of others in the hobby.


So, what is this new project that I’m planning to start up? Well, it’s simple. I want to collect the Topps flagship base card for each AL and NL MVP from their MVP winning season starting from 1962. Now, you may be wondering, why 1962? The answer is family.


My mom and dad got married in 1962 so essentially I am a product of 1962. Sure, I wasn’t born until years later but if they hadn’t gotten married in 1962 I wouldn’t be here today. So, for me, my family as I know it began in 1962 and that’s why I picked 1962.


So far it all sounds simple enough and it’s not something that hasn’t been done before. I’m no hobby pioneer. I’m just a guy that collects baseball cards. However, the way that I want to carry out this project is with the help of the hobby community. 


I could easily go out and track down each card and purchase them but that seems boring to me. I want this project to have more meaning and to create memories, stories, and friendships. Not just friendships between me and you, but also friendships between you and others in the hobby. I want us to all work together to help each other achieve our hobby goals and help with each other's hobby projects.


So, how can you help me with my project? It’s simple. If you have a Topps flagship base card of an MVP winner from their MVP season and you don’t need it (or want it), send it my way. Yes, I’m aware that I live in Korea but it can be sent PWE for $1.20 by using a US Global Postage stamp so I’m certainly not asking you to break the bank to help me out. Also, the majority of these cards are low value cards that are typically found for a buck or two (even less for many of them). 


Sure, I realize that some of the cards that are going to be included in this collection are going to be on the expensive side but I’m not asking you to send me a 1962 Mickey Mantle (unless you just want to...lol) because I will end up buying those at some point. I’m asking you to send me a 2020 Freddie Freeman, a 2015 Josh Donaldson, a 2007 Jimmy Rollins, or so on. Like I said, most of these cards are low value cards. So, if you can help me out and be a part of this project, it will be awesome. Also, I’m willing to send you something that you collect via PWE (from Korea) in return if I have it. I’m not just looking for something for nothing.


Anyway, I plan to keep a record throughout the whole project. I want to document what card I received. Who sent the card to me. When they sent the card to me. Where they sent it from. How long it took to arrive. Also, if you want to include it, I would like to receive a short note and maybe even your custom card or business card, if you have one.  After all, I want this collection to be about the memories! 

So if you have one of the following Topps flagship base cards that you are willing to send my way, you can reach out to me on Twitter, Instagram, or via email and I can give you the postal address. Also, feel free to just reach out if you want help with your projects. At the very least, I can help spread the word for what you are doing.


Twitter: @kbocollections

Instagram: @collectionskbo

Email: kbocollections@gmail.com





3 comments:

  1. Awesome Project, looking forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, man! Also looking forward to seeing you pick up the Braves binder project again!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete