Monday, December 28, 2020

#MvpFamilyTreeProject Has Kicked Off

Any good project needs a good name and I've decided to name my 1962-2020 MVP project the MVP Family Tree Project. I started calling it the Project MVP Family Tree but that just doesn't roll off the tongue the way that I would like it to. Anyway, that's enough talking about cheesy names and let's get to the heart of this post which will be my 1st update to the project. Soon after announcing the project on a live stream yesterday, 12/27/2020. Herman at 3bCollection spoke up and said that he wanted to help get me started with a few cards for the project. He went into his stash and came out with 3 awesome cards to kick things off, the 1983 Dale Murphy, the 1991 Terry Pendleton, and the 2020 Freddie Freeman.
He also mentioned that he thought that he had a duplicate 1991 Cal Ripken but he didn't. It was completely fine though since he had already done more than his fair share with the Murphy, Pendleton, and Freeman. Him mentioning the 91 Ripken also reminded me that I had seen one (or at least I thought I had) in a collection that a friend here in Korea had given me one day. So, I went to that box and sure enough there was a 91 Ripken sitting there. I also found the 92 Bonds so it was a worthwhile search.
Anyway, I'm now at 5 of the 119 cards needed for the Family Tree MVP Project. If you would like to help out by donating one of the cards on the following spreadsheet via PWE just let me know. You can contact me on Twitter: @kbocollections, Instagram: @collectionskbo, or Email: kbocollections@gmail.com. Also, I would be more than happy to find something to send to you via PWE for your collection. MVP Family Tree Project Spreadsheet Link

No comments:

Post a Comment