Saturday, January 23, 2021

2021 HOF Autograph Progress

 In a recent tweet I wrote the following...

Because I wanted to feel like I achieved something and added some cool stuff to my collection, I needed to move away from my tunnel vision but do it in a way that wouldn't break the bank and wasn't such a big task that I would get tired of it. Enter the smaller and easily attainable goals/projects/collections such as my MVP Family Tree Project and my goal to collect autographs of 20 HOFers that I didn't currently have in my collection.

Anyway, I was able to make some progress on the HOF end by picking up a few cards locally and making a trade in the US. I will update on the US trade once I have the card in hand in a few months. So, what did I pick up? Here they are.

First, I was looking around on one of the Korean forums and came across this awesome Tim Raines from 2014 Topps Tribute mixed in with some multi-card photos and knew that I should grab it because I really like the look of Tribute.


About an hour later, I was looking on the same forum and came across this beautiful Vladimir Guerrero from 1998 Donruss Signature Series. It's simply beautiful to me. The colors and design all just work with the PSA slab and it's a great addition to the collection!


So, those were the two that I got in hand this week. As I said, I do have one that is from a trade in the US that I will show later and also made another purchase locally last night and it should arrive next week. All in all, that puts me at 5 in hand (in Korea), 1 still in the US, and 1 on the way in Korea. It looks like this goal could potentially get wrapped up by the start of the 2021 MLB season and I would be fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment