Friday, January 8, 2021

My Hall of Fame Autograph Collection

 I've had some Hall of Fame autos in my collection for a while. Being a Cardinals collector, I have been fortunate to acquire autos of some of the games greats like Bob Gibson, Lou Brock, Stan Musial, Red Schoendienst, Ozzie Smith, Steve Carlton, and Tony La Russa.








However, nothing above is new to anyone that has been following my collecting over the last few years. So, what is new? Well, I've started a new HOF autograph collection for 2021 but the idea behind it came at the end of 2020 when I busted open a box of 2020 Topps Chrome Black that I was very disappointed with. 


Sure, I pulled a nice looking Eckersley autograph but his auto isn't something that's all that uncommon or valuable for that matter. Anyway, after feeling bummed for a bit, I decided to turn the pull into a positive and start a HOF auto collection that extends beyond just Cardinals and the Eck did it! By the way, I still hope to add a Cardinals autograph of him at some point.


So, at the start of 2021, I made a hobby goal to add 20 Hall of Fame autos to my collection from guys that I don't currently have in my collection and this is how the 2021 acquisitions started. I was browsing around on a local forum and came across a beautiful 2020 Topps Tier One autograph of Al Kaline so I decided to pick it up.


After that, I browsed around a bit more and came across a Bert Blyleven for a few bucks. Yes, it's from Panini but I think it's a great looking card and it was ONLY ABOUT $3 USD. He signs TTM but that will cost you $20. 


What happened next was the big one! It was one that I saw and had to sleep on for the night. Anyway, after 24 hours, I jumped on it and picked up this absolutely beautiful Sandy Koufax from 2020 Topps Chrome Black. It certainly wasn't cheap but I couldn't resist it and couldn't be any happier that I purchased it.


So, I'm at 3 down and 17 to go toward the 2021 goal and we are only a few days into the year!



No comments:

Post a Comment