Wednesday, January 6, 2021

MVP Family Tree Project Extensions

I have been teasing the idea of variations and extensions to my MVP project over the last few days. While it's a new project that I just started, I've been dreaming up ways to keep it going once I complete "Phase 1." For those of you that are not familiar with the project, phase 1 is just me collecting the Topps flagship base card of every MVP from 1962 - current from their MVP year. So, that means the 62 Mickey Mantle, which I own and the 62 Maury Wills that doesn't exist in 1962 up to the 2020 Jose Abreu and 2020 Freddie Freeman. 

So what are some of the extensions that I plan to add to the project? Well, I plan to expand the project to include SP variations and such for the most modern cards. I'm also thinking about including every flagship base for the most modern cards. For example, their Topps Series 1, Series 2, and Update if they have cards in them. Lastly, I'm going to attempt getting an autograph of each player that falls within this collection. That will be a very long and costly part of the journey but I think it will be fun. 

In terms of autographs of the players featured from 62~2020, who do I already have? I only have Bob Gibson who is one of my PC players and this beauty that just arrived in the mail today! I'm so excited to add a Koufax to the collection!



No comments:

Post a Comment