Friday, March 29, 2019

KBO Custom Cards - Jared Hoying

Over the last few months I have had baseball fever so I decided to try my hand at creating some custom cards. It's an idea that I have toyed around with for a while, but I have never gotten around to doing it. I think it was mostly because I didn't have any decent photos that I had personally taken (didn't want to use photos taken by others), but over the last season I took my camera to some games and ended up with a decent number of cool shots (in my opinion anyway). After all, what is the purpose of having thousands of dollars invested in cameras and lenses and taking them to games if you don't do something with photos? So, I pulled out some photos that I took during some of last season's games and tried my hand at making some cards.

I decided to start with photos of some of the foreign players that I had taken for a couple of reasons:

1st: Korean card companies don't produce cards with the foreign players on them.
2nd: Most of my photos from the season are of the foreign players because I like to share them on Twitter so people back in the states.

Anyway, the 1st player that I ever made a card for was Jared Hoying of the Hanwha Eagles. The photo that I used was one of him greeting the fans at Hanwha's home stadium on Sept. 22, 2018. I really loved this photo because I think it shows the type of person that Jared is and I love candid shots of players, especially when the sun is at the right angle to get some cool shadows. So, now that you have made it this far, you may as well get a look at the card that I made.


Just in case you're curious, Jared is back with the Eagles for a 2nd season after a spectacular 1st KBO season in which he batted .306, hit 47 doubles, 30 HRs, and stole 23 bases. For your viewing pleasure here is a YouTube video of fans and cheerleaders cheering for Jared last season.


I hope you enjoyed the post and I will post some others that I have made in the near future. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment