Monday, April 1, 2019

KBO Custom Cards - Kang Baek Ho

In 2018, a new face appeared in the KBO and that face was none other than Kang Baek Ho of the kt Wiz. Kang came into the league followed by much hype. He was entering the KBO straight out of high school and during high school he was a two way star that pitched and played in the field. He could throw in the 90's and hit with a ton of raw power so the hype was well deserved and he lived up to it in his 1st season. While he didn't pitch, other than in the all-star game when the teams like to entertain the fans, he had a great season at the plate and earned ROY honors for himself. 

Anyway, I have made several custom cards for foreign players from last year (I will post all of them eventually) and I also wanted to make some custom cards for some of the Korean players. I thought it was only fitting that I make one of "super rookie" Kang Baek Ho because I am a rookie at card making myself. Here is the card that I made from one of the photos that I took of him last season. This photo was him practicing his swing before a game with against the Doosan Bears at Jamsil Stadium.


I hope you enjoyed having a look at the card and for more of your viewing pleasure, here is a video of Kang's 29 HRs of the 2018 season. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment