Wednesday, April 10, 2019

2019 BBM Tokyo Yakult Swallows Break (Part 1 - 5 Packs)

For those that don't know, my favorite NPB player is Tetsuto Yamada of the Tokyo Yakult Swallows. I have a small collection of his cards (nothing major), but I try to pick up more from time to time.

Anyway, I decided to do something a little different and buy a couple of boxes of BBM cards that are only Swallows. I purchased a box of the 2018 release and 2019 release. I like that Japanese card companies do team releases in addition to their normal releases. It gives people that are only interested in a certain team or players more opportunities to get their cards.

2019 BBM Tokyo Yakult Swallows Box

I wish Korean card companies would do the same on a regular basis. They have done some team sets in the past, but it would be nice to see them done more like these where you can buy a box with a certain number of packs and cards per pack for one given team and try to complete the set. After all, half of the fun comes from opening them to reveal the unexpected. I don't really have a lot of fun just opening a team set that has the entire base set (minus a few special cards).

Also, if you are like me and like to open packs to try to complete sets, you may have to buy 20 or 30 base sets to try and complete some of the sets of special insert cards. Who really wants 30 base sets from the same product of the same team if you are not selling them? Not me.

Sorry about that digression (not really ㅋㅋㅋ), but now lets take a look at how I plan to break these boxes. I usually do whole boxes at a time. It makes me feel like a kid on Christmas morning, but I want that feeling more often so I have decided to do a few packs per day and post the results here.

1st Five Packs

I didn't get any huge autographs or anything out of these pack breaks, but here are a few cards from the 1st five packs from my box of 2019 BBM Swallows cards.

Kazuki Kondo #'d 25/75

Shingo Kawabata - "Superior" Subset

I didn't manage to pull any Yamada cards yet, but I do like the looks of the "Superior" subset card that I pulled. It kind of reminds me of some of the cards from Bowman products.

Be sure to check back in to see what I pull from the next 5 packs tomorrow. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment