Monday, November 14, 2016

Card of the Week (Week 1)

The Korean Series just ended a couple of weeks ago with my favorite team, the Doosan Bears, claiming their second title in a row. Honestly, I was happy with the outcome of the series, but I was a little disappointed with the quality of the series. Doosan's opponent, the NC Dinos, only put up 2 runs in four games and dropped the series in a four game sweep. Given the difficulty of actually getting tickets (a lot of tickets were sold to employees of the companies that own the baseball clubs) and the fact that I was able to get tickets to games 1, 2, and 6, I was hoping to see the series go for 6 games and see a Doosan win at home. Instead I had to watch a game 4 win at my apartment with Doosan playing at the other end of Korea.

Anyway, without further ado, I would like to share my first card of "card of the week." This one is in honor of the Korean Series MVP, Yang Eui-ji (양의지). During the series, Yang Eui-ji batted .438 with 1 home run, 3 doubles, and 4 RBI. He also did an excellent job behind the plate.



This card is Yang Eui-ji's "Big Star" card from the 2015 Superstar Baseball Card (Season 1) set. The card number is SBC1501-052-BS.



No comments:

Post a Comment