Friday, September 20, 2019

Joining the #BetterThanABlaster Movement (1st Purchase)

There are many different types of collectors out there. Some collectors prefer to rip packs, some collectors prefer to buy single cards, and some prefer to just do trades. I tend to do a little of all of the above. For many that are in to just ripping packs, retail blaster boxes, which typically sell for around $22~$23 dollars after tax, are their go to for acquiring cards and hoping for a nice hit. I enjoy ripping a blaster from time to time but I typically stick with hobby, it's what's available in Korea, and my retail luck is typically pretty bad. I have spent up to $250 bucks on retail at one time to only get 1 auto and I could have bought 2 hobby boxes and gotten multiple autos and other hobby only cards.

Anyway, about a month or two ago I noticed people on Twitter posting vintage pick ups with the #betterthanablaster (@ShaneKatz73 I believe). I thought to myself that I could also get behind the movement. After all, I am trying to expand my vintage Cardinals collection and I am working on a Bob Gibson vintage PC. So while funding my COMC store credit in order to pay for the processing of my submission, I decided to throw a bit of extra money in my account to play a little #betterthanablaster too. This bit of extra cash led to the following additions to my Gibby PC for a cost of about $22 so I would guess that qualifies as #betterthanablaster worthy.

1960 Topps #73
1963 Post #166
1965 Topps #12
1966 Topps #225

For $22, I don't feel like this was a bad deal. I have a feeling that there will be many more #betterthanablaster purchases in the near future when I have a spare $20 in the COMC account.

No comments:

Post a Comment