Thursday, September 19, 2019

My First One Million Cubs Trade

I don't remember exactly when, but I do remember One Million Cubs popping up on my Twitter feed about a year ago. My first thought was this guy is ambitious. My second thought was I have some pretty cool Cubs cards sitting in boxes and binders that could help him out so I gave him a follow. Once I finally got around to sorting some cards and getting prepared to refocus my collection, I put together a list of Cubs that I had (or at least the ones I had pulled out at the time) and sent him a message to ask if he would be interested in making a trade with me from Korea. He gladly accepted so I packaged them up and sent them on their way. I think he was just salivating for the Javy relic that I was sending him. Anyway, he received the cards with no issues and in return, he was preparing and sending me a nice stack of Cardinals for my collection.



Here is a look at what he sent and it was great! I was able to add a lot of cards that I didn't have to the collection as well as a couple of player autos that I didn't currently have. There was even a sweet oddball in the mix.

First up are these 3 Carlos Martinez cards. While I don't open Topps Fire, I do enjoy getting them in a trade because it means that I most likely won't have them in my collections.


Next up, this Pujols Topps insert. I really wish that he had stayed with the Cardinals, but I do still carry a lot of respect for him. He has had such a great career.


Then an Adolis Garcia RC auto. This is such a beautiful card. I have always loved the 84 Topps design. He also has a bit of a KBO connection since his brother, Adonis Garcia, played with the LG Twins in 2018. He looked like he was going to be great with the Twins until he was sidelined with a string of injuries.


There were also some Miles Mikolas in the mix. I love how he rocks the high socks!


Next came "The Big Bear," Marcell Ozuna. I love the Topps Chrome X Factor auto. It's a great card and a player auto that I didn't have in the collection yet. It's only fitting that it featured him making a catch. After all, he is sometimes known to make or not make catches.


I think the weight of the chain around his neck pulled him to the ground.



Following up The Big Bear, there is some Yadi action. Such a great catcher and one of the autos that I still need to come up with in the future.


After that, I had some various RC, base, and inserts. The Gibson is great and will go well with my Gibby collection. It isn't vintage, but it's still an awesome card that I am happy to have.


Then comes a future stud (I believe) in Nolan Gorman. I also have to eventually get his auto.


One of my childhood favorites as a kid, Ozzie Smith. It was so awesome to watch him play the game and the backflips gave me goosebumps every time. After all, who doesn't like or want to do backflips? I always wanted to, but my husky weight would never allow for it.


Next, some Carpenter, Piscotty, Grichuk, Pham, and a Cardinals team card from Heritage. I love team cards. Sure they don't have just one player and they display the team name, but I think they are great even if they are not always all that sought after.


There were also some awesome Bowman Mojo Refractors. Hudson is gonna be great, and the Knizner is a cool 1st Bowman. I never turn down a 1st Bowman card. After all, it's kind of like a RC, right? Let the debate begin!


Next, the only Leaf card in my collection and it's of my favorite current Cardinals pitcher, Jack Flaherty. This guy has been a beast on the mound this season.


Let's follow up Flaherty with a fireballer, Jordan Hicks. I hope he gets healthy and stays healthy. Such a fun guy to watch. Who doesn't like guys that clock over 100 with their fastball?


This one was a surprise, it's not a Cardinal, and it's awesome! It's Korean pitcher Chan-ho Park on what appears to be a promotional postcard-sized card and it's autographed! This checked off a couple of boxes in my collection, another Korean player autograph, and my 1st Chan-ho Park autograph.


Last but certainly not least, as well as one of my favorite cards in the trade, a Todd Zeile oddball. Reading the back was awesome. "Keep all the Todd Zeile cards that you are lucky enough to find in your 1990 wax packs, but don't invest heavily, yet." That was some pretty sound advice!




Anyway, I would like to thank Beau at One Million Cubs for the awesome trade (sorry for taking 4 months to post this blog) and look forward to getting the next trade from him in the mail. I sent out a package to him last week and he received it in record time from Korea, just 10 days (including the weekend)! Hopefully, he enjoys it!

No comments:

Post a Comment