Monday, September 23, 2019

Prize-pack and Purchase From @CardsFromAttic

Some people like him and some people don't. He can be a bit controversial at times (I guess?) but nothing that he says bothers me or gets under my skin. I think he is correct that people are just jealous of his stacks of 1991 Fleer. I have enjoyed following him for a long time on Twitter. I find humor in it, after all, he will hook you up with a pie chart if you don't really understand his Twitter account.

Anyway, back during the heat of the card trimming scandals, he was posting a lot of funny, as well as informative, information. He was also running some fun contests and giveaways at the time. During the same time, I was working on some 59 Topps designs in Photoshop for a baseball board game that I was making for work. Then it hit me! Why not make a card for him? So I ended up doing a quick 53 Topps design and I sent the photo off to him.

1953 Topps Design
He thought it was prize-pack worthing and sent me a nice batch of vintage Cardinals since I am working on building up a collection of them (see photo below for some of the cards).

Then a few months later, I was at home for my annual summer vacation and I wanted to grab some more vintage Cardinals so I hit him up with a request. I told him that I was just looking for some vintage in the range of $2 per card. He said he would pull some out for me and send me some photos. He sent me photos the next day and I bought them. A few days later they showed up in the mail. Here is a look at some of the cards from the prize-pack and the purchase.

Some Vintage Cardinals from the Prize-pack and Purchase
If you like some comedy about cards, awesome prize-pack chances, or your just looking to make some vintage purchases, @CardsFromAttic is a great guy to deal with. Give him a follow on Twitter or take a look at his site.

No comments:

Post a Comment