Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Better Than A Retail Pack? A 1941 Double Play (R330)

A few days ago, I decided to play a bit of #BetterThanaBlaster. It’s pretty much just buying some vintage or modern cards for less than the cost of a retail blaster box. Anyway, I had a couple of extra bucks in my account and decided to to a bit of a similar game #BetterThanaRetailPack. So, what was I able to get for a couple of bucks on COMC to bolster my vintage Cardinals collection? It was this 1941 Double Play (R330) “Creepy” Crespi.


It’s only half a card, or is it? The 1941 Double Play (R330) cards feature two players on each card, which measure approximately 2 ½ by 3 ⅛. Each player on the card is given a number. In this case, the Crespi side is number 145. On the other side, if this card had not been cut/torn, there would have been Jim Brown with number 146. So is this only half a card or is it a whole card? I don’t really care what others say, I am gonna call it a whole card. Would you do the same? You can decide for yourself. Either way, I think it’s a cool card and a welcome addition to the vintage collection. 


Image From PSA

No comments:

Post a Comment